Monday, July 19, 2010

Bernice's Bakery...sketched out Monday

So about 90% of all the sketches I do in Missoula is at Bernice's Bakery.  I've been going here for years.  When I was in college I lived right around the corner...in fact most of the places I lived in Missoula back then were within a two block radius.  Its in an area called the "Hip Strip".  It's a great hangout and best of all their coffee is bewilderingly strong.  I don't know how they do it and they wont tell...my guess is they brew, pour it back in, and brew again.   In any event an amazing way to put the zing in your thing.
If you have trouble viewing the video..head to Youtube.  Here's the link.
Nothing to spectacular on the sketch front, but here I am doing a number at Bernice's....wide awake...as you can tell by the speed of my pencil...notice the crumbs in of my maple pecan danish in the background.
cheers
M

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your video mademe think of this old movie:
"Metropolis is a 1927 German expressionist film in the science-fiction genre directed by Fritz Lang."
i don't know how to insert photo of
Brigette Helm from movie.
later

Anonymous said...

Not near long enough. Giggle.

Parabolic Muse said...

Oh, you are a quickdraw McGraw!

Doncha love second-home cafes?!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

wow! and what's the name of that blend?? I agree, it's not long enough!
I have a gal helping me 'organize' ha my studio and I found the assemblook I made at Random Arts a couple of years ago - I think I'm going to add more to it!
hope you are well!